Just before Christmas we launched coop.co.uk/colleagues, a website where colleagues can find the things they need to know about working at the Co-op. In my previous post Welcome to coop.co.uk/colleagues I explained that we built it because we wanted to make information more easily available for all colleagues, not just those who have access to the work computer. Providing one, open place to access information from lots of different older Co-op sites.
The site has been live for around a month now and, just as we requested, we’ve had a lot of feedback on it.
What people have been saying
The site allows users to leave anonymous feedback on every page. We’ve had more than 70 pieces of feedback which were almost all positive. People said:
- “It’s great that this stuff is now so accessible”
- “Huge tick. Transparency. Access for all, particularly CTM’s (customer team members), who have little access to back office policies”
- “Easily accessible especially when you’re not a work”
- “Much easier to navigate than finding information on the intranet”
But we know we’ve still got more to do. People also said:
- “Don’t we have a whistleblower number or a risk hotline?”
- “In the opportunities section could there be a link to a section about opportunities for study and self-directed learning?”
We’ve read and thought about all the feedback and now we’ll start using it to help us, improving the site plan developments and content changes. This is all part of working in an agile way.
But we know we’ve still got more to do, it’s not finished, we’ll keep iterating.
Spreading the word
When we launched in December we deliberately didn’t promote the site very much. We wanted to give ourselves time to gather feedback and think about at any issues. Now, we’re starting to share the site with more colleagues.
We posted about it on our colleague Facebook page and got some more feedback.
We wanted to help colleagues without access to their work computer to find out about the organisation they work in. Now we need to find the best ways to tell them about the site that will help them do that. If you have any suggestions, leave a comment below.
Digital Channels Manager