30 days ago Mike, Mat, Tom, Russell and Ben joined the Co-op to lead the creation of fantastic digital services with co-op values. Our team of colleagues across the Co-op have been busy…the first 30 days looked like this…
- Launch Co-op Digital Blog on day 1…done
- Launch Slack across Digital Strategy teams…done
- Lots more Slack channels in the pipeline…
- Purchase team boards and post-its
- Purchase more team boards and post-its…done
- Bring the internet inside the Co-op — ambitious for the first 30 days but progress…social media now accessible…more to do
- Bring co-op values to the internet — already there, build on that…
- Tool up……jira…confluence…github…jenkins…ansible…teraform…done!
- Developer builds for MacBooks…done. You can read about Lee Murray’s experience of joining the Co-op digital team here
- Buy some computers…
- AWS – done
- Azure – researching
- Heroku – done
- Digital platform sprints * 2
- Show & tells * 2
- Product roadmaps * 1
- Platform and infrastructure backlogs * 2
- Interviews with world class digital talent * 2
- Job offers made 2, accepted 2
- Team drinks after work * 2
Day 31 –
Our job is to lead and build a world-class digital engineering team at the Co-op, and then build fantastic new digital services with Co-op values. We’re starting at the heart with Membership, and we’ll grow quickly. We’ll need the best digital talent to do that.
Here at the Co-op things are changing. We’ve learnt. We’ve grown. We’ve invested in the things that matter to our customers. We’ve invested in Digital and we are working to make the Co-op a world-leading digital player. Our ambition is bold: to re-create the Co-op for a digital era, and demonstrate a different way of doing business for an increasingly connected community. With this transformation comes a lot of opportunity. As a result we are looking to recruit a number of talented players within the Digital space. Developers, Engineers, Architects, Business Analysts, User Researchers and Product Managers are just a few of the positions available within our growing and innovative team.
If you want to get involved by playing a key role within our digital transformation, please get in touch with Polly Haslam today.